The Lekker Landing team is able to assist you in making your transition from South Africa to Canada a smooth one! They engage with you before the time to ensure you have all your questions answered, providing you with peace of mind.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Lekker Landing has helped many families with their journey into Canada, helping them arrive well prepared, making the transition easy.
They are able to assist you with transportation, house hunting services, obtaining a sim card, take you through the process of how to open a bank account and how to navigate public transport and much more. We are able to take you on sight-seeing trips. Lekker Landing is a place where strangers become friends.
Set up a 30-minute session with the Lekker Landing team to answer your pressing questions. We can supply you with a list of general questions we are asked often, or you can send us a list of your questions, so that we can prepare in advance in order to serve you better.
BASIC PLUS INTRO CHAT
Lekker Landing will consult with you for 30-minute on a virtual Zoom meeting, where you will have your questions about the settling process answered, by us. The services listed below will be provided to you at a reduced cost as you will arrive well prepared for what awaits you in Canada upon landing.
- Everything included as listed in the intro chat package
- Assist you in securing accommodation to complete your quarantine and settling down, thereafter
- Let us assist you in opening a Canadian bank account
- We will assist you in obtaining your SIN numbers and health cards
- We will have your cellphone SIM cards ready and activated when you arrive
- After arrival, Lekker Landing will introduce you to at least 10 great stores where you can buy warm clothing, quality shoes, spices, baking goods and much more, at very affordable prices
FULL SERVICE PACKAGE
Lekker Landing will consult with you for 45-minute on a virtual Zoom meeting, where you will have your questions about the settling process answered by us.
Lekker Landing will provide the following settlement services for you:
- We will refund the consultation, when you book and pay for this package
- Collect you at the airport (applicable to Toronto only) and take you to your new accommodation
- All as listed in the above package
- We will buy groceries for you, based on the list you provide to us prior to departing from South Africa. Your accommodation will be fully stocked when you arrive, ready to cook your own meals
- Assisting you in identifying and purchasing office equipment and setting up a home office for you or your spouse, if required.
- Assisting and finding you places that sells furniture during or after quarantine and assist in in acquiring and transporting this to your new home
- Arranging all utility services to you place of accommodation and have these services connected and ready when you move in
- We assist you in getting a high-speed internet and Wi-Fi connection to your new home
- Recommendation and assistance getting the children in pre and after school programs
- Finding you a family physician, after arriving in Canada.
- Looking for a good Veterinarian for your pets
AIRPORT PICK UP AND DROP OFF ONLY
We pick you up from the airport and drop you off at your accommodation. If you don’t stay with us, we can get you to your destination in Toronto.
Send us a mail with your dates, destination address and more info on your arrival requirements to take the stress of your landing. This service is only available for families and individuals landing in Toronto.
We can help you make your landing easy - Reach out to us
Advice on what electronics to bring, the voltage difference between Canada and South Africa and why certain appliances are necessary.
The last episode was about the lion at Harties. While I was writing that, I also remembered another event where a lion took centre stage. It took place at a time when we were working at Arusha, in Tanzania. Steve was flying our King Air E-90 and I was in the right-hand seat. After we took off and set course for Hemingways at Watamu, Kenya, I could relax and check my telex messages. (No e-mail in those days).
One of our directory members, Tamsyn provides us with information on how to tackle our skincare in the Canadian climate.
The final part of a series that helps LinkedIn users update their profiles and become more recruitable.
The third part of a series that helps South African LinkedIn users update their profiles and become more recruitable in Canada.
The second instalment of Claire’s personal emigration story and why it is so important to know why you’re moving to Canada.
After moving to Canada, we often get somewhat strange questions about life in ‘Africa.’ Recently, we were at a barbeque in our Port Moody neighborhood. The conversation reminded me of how foreigners see Africa and South Africa. That was when I remembered an incident one evening some years ago.