The Lekker Landing team is able to assist you in making your transition from South Africa to Canada a smooth one! They engage with you before the time to ensure you have all your questions answered, providing you with peace of mind.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Lekker Landing has helped many families with their journey into Canada, helping them arrive well prepared, making the transition easy.
They are able to assist you with transportation, house hunting services, car rental assistance, obtaining a sim card, take you through the process of how to open a bank account, how to navigate public transport and much more. Essentially, everything you would need to get yourself settled into Canada.
We are able to take you on sight-seeing trips. Lekker Landing is a place where strangers become friends.
Telephonic discussions are done via phone and zoom. We are able to physically assist individuals and families in Vancouver, Saskatchewan and Toronto. Advisory services available in all other provinces in Canada. Book a call with the team to find out more!
Set up a 30-minute session with the Lekker Landing team to answer your pressing questions. We can supply you with a list of general questions we are asked often, or you can send us a list of your questions, so that we can prepare in advance in order to serve you better.
BASIC PLUS INTRO CHAT
Lekker Landing will consult with you for 30-minute on a virtual Zoom meeting, where you will have your questions about the settling process answered, by us. The services listed below will be provided to you at a reduced cost as you will arrive well prepared for what awaits you in Canada upon landing.
- Everything included as listed in the intro chat package
- Assist you in securing accommodation to complete your quarantine and settling down, thereafter
- Let us assist you in opening a Canadian bank account
- We will have your cellphone SIM cards ready and activated when you arrive
- We will assist you in obtaining your SIN numbers and health cards
- After arrival, Lekker Landing will introduce you to at least 10 great stores where you can buy warm clothing, quality shoes, spices, baking goods and much more, at very affordable prices
FULL SERVICE PACKAGE
Lekker Landing will consult with you for 45-minute on a virtual Zoom meeting, where you will have your questions about the settling process answered by us.
Lekker Landing will provide the following settlement services for you:
- We will refund the consultation, when you book and pay for this package
- Collect or arrange transportation from the airport/hotel etc. and take you to your new accommodation
- All as listed in the above package
- We will buy groceries for you on your behalf, based on the list you provide to us prior to departing from South Africa. Your accommodation will be fully stocked when you arrive, ready to cook your own meals
- Assisting you in identifying and purchasing office equipment and setting up a home office for you or your spouse, if required.
- Assisting and finding you places that sell furniture during or after quarantine and assist in acquiring and transporting this to your new home
- Arranging all utility services to your place of accommodation and have these services connected and ready when you move in
- We assist you in getting a high-speed internet and Wi-Fi connection to your new home
- Recommendation and assistance getting the children in pre and after school programs
- Finding you a family physician, after arriving in Canada.
- Looking for a good Veterinarian for your pets
AIRPORT PICK UP AND DROP OFF ONLY
We pick you up, or arrange for transportation from the airport and drop you off at your accommodation. If you don’t stay with us, we can get you to your destination in Toronto.
Send us a mail with your dates, destination address and more info on your arrival requirements to take the stress of your landing. This service is only available for families and individuals landing in Toronto.
We can help you make your landing easy - Reach out to us
There is an increasing number of people worldwide that want to immigrate or work in Canada. Unfortunately, these people are often forced to pay a large sum of money to immigration consultants to promise employment or permanent residency in Canada, only to discover that they have been lied to.
A cousin of mine recently commented on a Facebook post about my latest fishing trip.
“So when are you leaving?” – “Still not heard anything?” – “Gosh, it must be tough living in limbo.”
This has been the soundtrack of my life since roughly May 2020.
A guide on the different seasons in Canada and some of the weather conditions you can expect.
Advice on what electronics to bring, the voltage difference between Canada and South Africa and why certain appliances are necessary.
The last episode was about the lion at Harties. While I was writing that, I also remembered another event where a lion took centre stage. It took place at a time when we were working at Arusha, in Tanzania. Steve was flying our King Air E-90 and I was in the right-hand seat. After we took off and set course for Hemingways at Watamu, Kenya, I could relax and check my telex messages. (No e-mail in those days).
One of our directory members, Tamsyn provides us with information on how to tackle our skincare in the Canadian climate.