Ontario Health Insurance – the changes and how it will affect you
Changes to the OHIP coverage
From January 1st, 2020 the “Out of Country” coverage. What are the changes and what it means to you?
There are a few main changes that you need to be aware of which might affect your coverage.
- Traveling outside of Canada, you will require travel insurance for unexpected medical emergencies or accidents.
- If you are looking at buying travel insurance, your eligibility will not be impacted by the OHIP changes.
- Should you have a travel emergency on or before December 31, 2019, you can still submit your claim for reimbursement.
- Kidney patients get coverage with OHIP
- OHIP still covers travel within Canada
Read the full blog from Tugo here to check what is covered with the travel insurance and ensure you are covered!