Cover Letters – Do you really need one?
One of the most crucial points of success in Canada depends on you finding your dream job. Having a resumé that highlights your successes and can land you on the top of the pile should be number one on your to-do list.
Listen to the podcast (or click on the image below), where we chat with Simeon, our Resumé Specialist and Coach at Elevate.Strategy. We highlight some important factors that are critical to your Cover Letter in your resume. In a previous discussion, Simeon highlighted the importance of a cover letter.
We answer the following questions in this podcast:
- What is the real purpose of a cover letter?
- The origins of a cover letter
- What are recruiters trying to get from your cover letter?
- Should cover letters look different depending on the role and industry?
- What are some tips to make your cover letter stand out?
Whether you’re a young professional or a seasoned leader, building on your career in a new country can be daunting. Many questions are unanswered, and some seem to have many different answers. You want preparations to be done before you arrive, so that you can hit the ground running.
We can help you achieve success! We are able to review your resume and will work to best prepare you for a smooth career transition. We work with you to understand your employment history, education, skills, achievements, areas of “failure & learning”, personal motivations and values. Through this personalized assessment, we will help you set career goals and align them with what types of roles and skills are most attractive in the North American market. We are able to help you write/refine an authentic, powerful resume that is relevant and will stand out in the Canadian market. As part of this process, we also offer a robust interview preparation program that will provide you with the confidence you’ll need to network and meet with recruiters. We offer:
- Resume writing for Canada
- Resume writing for Canada, plus personal coaching consultation
- LinkedIn profile writing for the Canadian market
- Interview preparation specific to Canadian companies
- Overall career coaching